Montalto is a favourite winery of mine. I’ve spent many days in the Piazza courtyard with friends laughing and enjoying the wine, delicious food and breathtaking view, while the kids run around and play on the grass amongst the sculptures and sunflowers. Recently my husband and I had dinner at Montalto restaurant with friends where we experienced for the first time Montalto’s degustation menu and matching wines. The entire meal was absolutely amazing, with every course being a faultless taste sensation.
If you are looking to do something special for a date night or special occasion, I highly recommend this degustation option. The restaurant staff were truly fantastic and really went above and beyond our expectations, making us feel right at home. They are all passionate about the winery, so attentive, knowledgable and friendly. Everything was timed perfectly and they really anticipated our needs.
Our menu included the following;
- Raw cobia, chevre, persimmon, sake vinaigrette
- Slow cooked pumpkin, egg yolk, grains, miso
- Smoked mackerel omelette, fermented chilli
- Grilled pork neck, globe artichoke, mushrooms, currants
- Aged duck breast, chocolate morcilla, quince
- Mandarin leaf ice cream, mandarin granita, macadamia
- Whipped passionfruit & fennel curd, daintree chocolate, burnt meringue
There are two options for Montalto Degustation. Five Courses for $105 Matching Wines $50 or seven courses $130 Matching wines $75 for more information and booking enquiries visit https://montalto.com.au
Note. I was a guest at Montalto.